Barcelona City Passes | The Ultimate Guide to Barcelona
Travelers flock to Barcelona for its historical and heritage sites, the Mediterranean Sea, and its pristine coastline and beaches. The popularity of the city is directly proportional to how crowded it can get. Landmarks such as Antoni Gaudí’s La Sagrada Família have up to 2-hour long queues of crowds waiting to get inside.
The most optimal and efficient way to maximize your trip to Barcelona is by purchasing one of the many Barcelona city pass suited to your budget. City passes in Barcelona offer discounts on attraction tickets, skip-the-line access, hotel transfers, transport discounts, restaurant coupons, and a host of other benefits. If you're wondering which Barcelona City Pass to buy, here's our guide to the most feasible Barcelona city passes for a cost-efficient and time-saving holiday.
Advantages Of Buying A Barcelona City Pass
- As soon as you land at Barcelona El Prat Airport, a Barcelona City Pass allows you access to the Aerobus to take you directly into the city. This is the most cost-effective way of traveling from the Barcelona airport.
- Get Hop-On-Hop-Off bus tour tickets at a discounted price with an all-inclusive city pass to tour Barcelona unlike ever before.
- Enjoy easy and quick access by skipping lines in front of monuments such as La Sagrada Família, Park Güell, Picasso Museum, and Joan Miró Foundation.
- Get complimentary audio guides available in multiple languages so you can learn about the rich history and heritage of each destination you visit.
- With a Barcelona city pass, your tickets are sent via email that makes it easy for you to access them whenever and wherever you please.
- Enjoy scores of discounts on restaurants, walking tours, museums, and other top-rated experiences in the city.
Types of Barcelona City Passes
Depending on your budget and itinerary, here are the top Barcelona City Passes you can choose from.
- An all-encompassing, cost-effective, and time-saving city pass that offers preferential entry to most landmarks in Barcelona, the Barcelona City Pass is the perfect way to roam around the city.
- Purchase discounted tickets for children aged 4-10. An additional 10% discount can be availed on several Barcelona attractions. This pass also includes transportation via Aerobus and Teleferic Montjuïc Cable Car.
- Enjoy unlimited travel with the exclusive Hola Barcelona travel card that provides access to trains, tram, buses, FGC network, Montjuïc Funicular, and regional railway.
- There are 4 options i.e. 2-day, 3-day, 4-day, and 5-day passes with special offers and inclusions such as a visit to the Monastery of Pedralbes, Gràcia, La Boqueria, Port Vell, Tibidabo amusement park and many others.
- Book your card online and pick up your physical card at any metro station in Barcelona.
- Visit some of the major Barcelona landmarks for free with a Turbo Barcelona City Pass including the cost of transportation.
- A convenient way to see the city, a Barcelona city pass can allow you access to historical sites such as Museu Picasso, La Sagrada Família, Joan Mirò Foundation, and Modernisme Museum, among others.
- The Turbo Pass also extends discounts on transportation with a fixed cost ticket for €8,60. The Barcelona City Pass can be bought for a period of 2-5 days.
- For travelers who are in it for the long haul, the iVenture Card is the ideal choice since it has a 7-day validity and more than 37 Barcelona attractions to choose from.
- Pick 3, 5, or unlimited activities card, depending on your budget
- Once you have the code, redeem your ticket at any of the stipulated redemption points. The iVenture Barcelona city pass is convenient and saves you a ton of money on tickets and transportation.
- Barcelona has so much to offer that if you don’t know where to look it can get quite overwhelming.
- The Barcelona Pass is great for a family trip and even for solo travelers as it offers one-time access to noteworthy attractions including Gaudí’s architectural gems like Casa Mila and Batlló, FC Barcelona Museum, and more.
- The card has a one-year validity until it is used after which it is valid for 2-3 consecutive days, depending on the type of card you choose. It comes with a metro map and handy tips. (Image Credits)
- Families with kids, solo travelers, and a group of friends, everyone can avail of the benefits of the Barcelona Museum & Transportation Pass.
- This pass not only offers discounted or free tickets to 70+ landmarks including museums but also includes a travel pass for Barcelona’s public transit system.
- Child passes are available with special activities for kids.
- Enjoy hassle-free single or round trip pick-up from the Barcelona-El Prat Airport.
- Get direct transfers to one of these major stops of the city; Pl. Catalunya, Sepúlveda-Urgell, Pl. Espanya, Gran Vía-Urgell and Pl. Universitat.
- Enjoy onboard amenities such as free Wi-Fi, USB, and a comfortable seating arrangement, spacious enough for you and your luggage.
Where to Buy Barcelona City Passes?
If you're a first-timer in Barcelona, we strongly suggest grabbing one of the many city passes Barcelona has to offer. It will help you firm up your itinerary and give you discounts, allowing you to explore more for less! Here's how you can go about buying a city pass in Barcelona.
Ticket booths are present at almost every location in Barcelona. If you are not one to choose a Barcelona City Pass or if you are there only for a day or two, head straight to the ticket office, as early as possible, to get your entry tickets. Some transport passes are sold at bus stations and metros as well.
Q. Is the worth buying Barcelona city passes?
A. Yes. Most Barcelona city passes offer ample freedom and flexibility so you can plan your day as you like. Depending on the duration of your trip, you can choose from 2 days to 7-day variants.
Q. What are some of the must-see places in Barcelona?
A. Some of the most iconic landmarks in Barcelona include buildings designed by Antoni Gaudí, museums dedicated to Picasso and other Spanish painters, Camp Nou, and Barcelona beaches.
Q. What is the most cost-effective Barcelona City Pass?
A. With respect to the number of attractions offered at a discount, the iVenture Card is the most cost-effective pass. For €85, you can save up to 40% on admission/ticket fees from an extensive list of 37 of Barcelona’s top attractions alongside airport transfers and a Hop On Hop Off ride.
Q. What is the best Barcelona city card for traveling with family?
A. If you have kids with you, choosing a city card that has discounts on children-friendly attractions is very important. We would recommend the BCN All-Inclusive Card for those traveling with family. It's cost-effective and includes a bunch of family-friendly attractions.