A Guide to Visiting Barcelona in June 2022 | Attractions, Events & More
One of the top tourist destinations, Barcelona is a melting pot of culture and history. From football to food, this city has a lot to offer to visitors that are looking for a unique experience. And if you wish to explore its heritage, then you will find plenty of historical monuments with modernist architecture to visit in the city. Plan a visit to Barcelona in June when you can not only enjoy the sightseeing but also many outdoor activities such as hiking, surfing, swimming, and more. Read on to find what to expect on your trip to Barcelona in June.
Is June a Good Time to Visit Barcelona?
Barcelona in June is the perfect time to visit the city. Summertime in Barcelona calls for sightseeing, concerts, events, beaches, and much more.
Why You Should Visit
- The weather in Barcelona is warm and balmy since it is the summer season.
- Outdoor activities such as heritage walks, hikes, water sports, and more are a lot of fun in Barcelona in June.
- You have several music events, festivals, and outdoor parties to join in Barcelona in June.
- Lots of exotic food and beverages to try in summer in Barcelona in June.
- This is the best time to enjoy the water and the beach as the sea temperature is perfect for swimming.
What to Look Out For
- Since this is the tourist season, most attractions will be crowded.
- Hotels and flights will be slightly expensive at this time.
- It is sunny so it can be slightly hot during the daytime.
- The weather is more humid in June.
Overview of Weather in Barcelona in June
More About Weather in Barcelona in June
How hot is Barcelona in June?
Barcelona in June is both hot and humid. With the summer season in full swing, the average temperature high is 25℃ and the average temperature low is 19℃.
Can You Swim at Beaches in Barcelona in June?
Yes, this is the perfect time to go swimming at the beaches in Barcelona. The average temperature of the water in Barcelona in June is 24℃ which is ideal for swimming.
Does it rain in Barcelona in June?
The weather in Barcelona in June is mostly warm, sunny, and dry. There won’t be more than nine rainy days with an average rainfall of 24mm.
Is Barcelona Windy in June?
Barcelona in June experiences breezes from the north and the south-west that helps in keeping the temperature cool here. Typically, the wind speeds are a low 6mph so, it is not windy in June.
12 Best Things to do in Barcelona in June
10. Enjoy a Hiking Tour
Nature & Adventure
If you are looking for an adventure in Barcelona in June, then one of the best things to do is go on a hiking trip here. There are many hiking trails accessible from the city that take you to stunning viewpoints and away from the city hustle-bustle. Explore these hikes and enjoy the clear, sunny skies of Barcelona city in June.
11. Stroll through Plaça d’Espanya
One of the biggest public squares in Barcelona, Plaça d’Espanya is a great place to walk around in June. It offers amazing views of the city and features a gorgeous fountain designed by Joseph Maria Jujol.
Festivals in Barcelona in June
Barcelona Gay Pride
Venue: Across Barcelona
Dates: End June
Another top festival to attend in Barcelona is Barcelona Gay Pride in June. This is a week-long festival where they celebrate the LGBTQ community of the city. There are multiple fun activities to join here such as concerts, movies, cultural talks, exhibitions, and more.
Festival Of San Juan
Dates: June 23 – 24
Celebrate Summer Solstice – the longest day of the year, which also marks the beginning of summers at the Festival of San Juan in Barcelona. The entire city celebrates this festival with fireworks in the sky and bonfires on the street.
Dates: June 16
One of the oldest festivals in Barcelona, Corpus Christi is a religious festival that features an open-air mass and many unique things. You can enjoy the parade with the giant paper-mache dolls that are dancing or marvel at the decorated dancing eggs placed on the top of fountain water. This is one of the few festivals in Barcelona that you would not want to miss out on.
Events in Barcelona in June
Know Before You Visit Barcelona in June
Time Zone: GMT +2
Currency: Euro EUR - €
Country code: +34
Emergency numbers: 112
What to Wear in Barcelona in June
- Carry a light jacket or stole for the evenings when it is slightly cooler.
- Wear summer clothes and cotton clothes such as dresses, shorts, skirts, and more.
- Do carry outdoor summer accessories such as hats, sunglasses, flip flops, scarves, and stoles to protect yourself from the sun.
- Pack your swimming or beach wear if you are planning to spend a lot of time on the beaches in Barcelona.
- Make sure you wear a lot of sunscreen as it will be bright and sunny in Barcelona in June.
What to Pack in Barcelona in June
- Power Adapter: A type F plug (grounded) or a type C plug (non-grounded).
- Clothes: Shorts, trousers, skirts, light jackets, and a stole/scarf. Wear a windcheater jacket in the day to protect yourself from the wind or the sun.
- Carry a pair of comfortable shoes as you would be walking a lot.
- Pack summer accessories such as a hat, sunglasses, etc., and sunscreen to protect yourself under the clear, sunny skies.
- Also, pack a day pack that you can use to carry around your belongings when you explore the city.
Getting Around Barcelona in June
By Metro: Barcelona metro is one of the best ways to travel around the city as it has an extensive network and most runs underground. You can use the eight lines and 161 stations to reach most destinations in Barcelona. Metro map.
By Bus: Explore Barcelona by bus is extremely cost-effective. There are over 200 bus lines running late in the night that you can use to reach your desired destination in the city. City bus map.
By Cable Car (Funicular): Make use of the three cable car lines in Barcelona that you can hop onto and enjoy majestic views of the city. Two of these cable car lines reach Tibidabo while the other takes you to Montjuïc.
On Foot: You can also explore Barcelona on foot in May as the weather is warm and pleasant at this time. Many popular attractions are located close to each other.
Where to Stay in Barcelona in June
Find the perfect place to stay in the cosmopolitan city of Barcelona in June. Choose from luxury, budget and mid-range properties!
Luxury Hotels: Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona GL, Hotel Arts Barcelona, Mandarin Oriental Barcelona, Le Meridien Barcelona.
Mid-Range Hotels: Hotel Passeig de Gracia, Hotel Curious, SmartRoom Hotel, ibis Barcelona Meridiana.
Budget Hotels: Hotel Monegal, The Corner Hotel, Violeta Boutique, Rodamón Barcelona Hostel, Hostal Mont Thabor, Yeah Barcelona Hostel
What to Eat in Barcelona in June
Paella: One of the top Spanish dishes to try in Barcelona is Paella which is considered the national dish of Spain. This dish is made from seafood and rice and can be found in all the restaurants and street stalls in Barcelona city.
Pisto: Pisto is a delicious appetizer that you must try in Barcelona in June. Made from seasonal vegetables such as bell peppers, zucchini, courgettes, etc., this dish is served with chorizo or fried eggs.
Escalavida: If you are a vegetarian, then Escalavida is the perfect dish to try in Barcelona. This dish is made from seasonal vegetables such as bell peppers, tomatoes, aubergine, onions, etc. which are roasted on a wood fire.
Esqueixada: Another Catalonian dish that you must try in Barcelona is Esqueixada. It is a salad made using shredded salt codfish, tomatoes, onions, and olive oil. Different restaurants use different recipes to make this delicious dish.
Hacks & Tips to Visit Barcelona in June
- Barcelona in June offers the perfect weather for sightseeing and outdoor activities.
- It can be a little hot and humid so, make sure you carry items to protect yourself from the sun.
- Make sure you cover your hands and knees when visiting the churches in Barcelona.
- Pack light cotton summer clothes such as skirts, dresses, and capris for summers in Barcelona.
- Barcelona is famous for its beaches and June is the best time to enjoy them. Make sure you have sufficient time to spend on the beach.
- Wear plenty of sunscreen when you are outdoors as it can be quite sunny in June.
- Since June is the tourist season in Barcelona, most places will be crowded so, keep an eye on your belongings.
- There are many museums and attractions that offer free guided tours/entry. Keep a lookout for these and you may explore Barcelona attractions for free.
- Don’t forget to pack a pair of comfortable shoes as you will be walking a lot in Barcelona.
- Remember to check the event and performances schedule and book their tickets in advance.
- Book your flights, hotels, and activities in advance as this is one of the busiest months to visit Barcelona.
Frequently Asked Questions About Visiting Barcelona in June
Yes, Barcelona in June has sunny and warm weather with plenty of clear skies
The weather in Barcelona in June is warm since it is the summer month in Europe. The average temperature of Barcelona in June ranges between a high of 25℃ and a low of 19℃.
Barcelona in June is generally hot and humid. The temperature ranges between a high of 32℃ and a low of 16℃.
The water temperature is generally warm, around 24℃, due to the summer season in Barcelona in June. This is why it is the best time to enjoy swimming in Barcelona.
The weather in Barcelona in June is sunny with clear skies. It is also slightly hot and humid so, do pack properly to keep yourself protected from the heat.
Since it will be hot in Barcelona in June, wear summer clothes such as dresses, skirts, shorts, and more. Also, carry a light jacket that can double up as protection against the sun during the day and keep you warm in the evening.
Barcelona in June is mostly warm, sunny, and dry. There won’t be more than nine rainy days with an average rainfall of 24mm.
Yes, Barcelona in June is slightly expensive as it is the start of tourist season and the weather is pleasant. This is why it is recommended to book your flights, hotels, and other activities beforehand to avoid paying high prices for last-minute bookings.
Barcelona is a safe city to visit but there can be pickpockets and thieves in the crowds. So, be careful when attending parties or crowded events in Barcelona.
There are a lot of attractions to visit in Barcelona in June such as Sagrada Familia, Casa Mila, Camp Nou, and more.
Nits d'Estiu (Summer nights) and Monster Energy MotoGP Grand Prix are the two major events to attend in Barcelona in June.
The average temperature in Barcelona in June is a high of 25℃ and a low of 19℃.
There is a lot to do in Barcelona in June with kids. You can visit the museums, have fun at Tibidabo Amusement Park, go on hikes, etc. to experience the city.
Primavera Sound, Barcelona Gay Pride, Festival Of San Juan, and Corpus Christi are the main festivals to celebrate in Barcelona in June.