The Best Theme Parks in Barcelona 2022 | Amusement Parks, Water Parks, Ticket Information & More
Discover the Best Theme Parks in Barcelona
Are you looking for the ultimate adrenaline rush? Amusement parks in Barcelona are a great activity for you, your family and friends! Take some time out from your action-packed itinerary for some real action and visit one of the many amusements parks in the Catalan capital. Don’t forget to bring your sunblock!
What are the Best Theme Parks in Barcelona?
Theme parks make for a fun getaway for adults and kids alike. Theme parks in Barcelona are unique, fun and incredibly exciting. Here are some of the best theme parks in Barcelona for you to discover!
Best Water Parks in Barcelona
Barcelona is a popular summer destination, so it is only natural that it has many water parks in and around the city. If you're into spills, thrills, and splashes you ought to check out these water parks in Barcelona.
More Fun Parks in Barcelona
While theme parks and water parks require almost a whole day of your itinerary, you can choose to visit a local park - the ones famous among the locals. Your kids will love them and so will you!
Book Your Barcelona Theme Park Tickets
Booking your Barcelona theme park tickets online ahead of time gives you the benefit of availing slashed prices and other benefits. Reading all the terms and conditions of your tour is much more efficient when booking it online. From the comfort of your couch, plan your next perfect vacation! Choose from a range of ticket options to the best theme parks in Barcelona right here!
Know Before You Visit Theme Parks in Barcelona
Time Zone: Barcelona observes Central European Summer Time (CEST), which is 2 hours ahead of GMT, between March to October. Barcelona joins Central European Time (CET), 1 hour ahead of GMT, between November to March.
Currency: Euro - EUR - €
Country Code: +93
Emergency Numbers: Dial 112 for any emergency.
Best Months for Staying Outdoors in Barcelona: April to July, September to November
Best Months for Sightseeing & Museum Hopping: April, May, September, and October
Best Months for Honeymooners: April, May, September and October
Best Months for Budget Travelers: November, December, January and February
Best Months for Shopaholics: Late January and February
By Metro: Barcelona metro is an extensive electric railway network. It runs mostly underground and has eight lines and 161 stations. Metro map.
By Bus: With 200 lines that run till late in the night extensively covering the city, exploring Barcelona by bus is convenient and cost-efficient. City bus map.
By Cable Car (Funicular): There are three cable car lines in Barcelona that you can hop onto and take in majestic views of the city. Two lines reach Tibidabo while others offer access to Montjuïc.
On Foot: Exploring Barcelona by foot, especially in November, is a great idea given the temperature. Many attractions are at a short distance from each other making for the perfect walk.
Visitor Tips for Theme Parks In Barcelona
- Book Tickets in Advance: It's best to book your tickets online and in advance to avoid last minute hassles. Additionally, while booking online you can also choose ticket options that include transportation that guarantees convenience.
- What to Wear: Remember to wear light, comfortable clothes since you'll be on the move. Avoid wearing ornamented clothes or dresses with tulle or flair which can get caught in the rides and cause distress.
- Best Time to Visit: Head to theme parks in Barcelona after summer to avoid huge crowds. Post August, you'll get to leisurely experience theme parks without the hassle of a blazing sun. Arrive as soon as the gates open so you have more time to enjoy and beat the crowds.
- What to Carry: Ensure you carry sunscreen, hats, and a pair of sunglasses when visiting a theme park. If you’re visiting a water park, it is advisable to carry an extra pair of clothing.
- Barcelona Theme Park Restrictions: Be sure to check the height and/or age restrictions for each theme park and water park before visiting the attraction.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Best Theme Parks in Barcelona
PortAventura Park and Tibidabo Amusement Park are some of the best theme parks in Barcelona.
PortAventura Park is one of the most popular theme parks in Barcelona and has a range of exciting rides and fun activities for everyone to experience.
Yes Barcelona has many theme parks like PortAventura Park, Tibidabo Amusement Park and many more.
Illa Fantasia, Aquabrava and Water World Barcelona are some of the best water-based theme parks in Barcelona.
Yes, theme parks in Barcelona have re-opened to visitors post COVID-19 with all safety regulations in place.
Yes, it is safe to visit theme parks in Barcelona post COVID-19. All theme parks in Barcelona have the right safety protocol in place to keep all visitors and staff safe.
Catalunya En Miniatura and Open Camp Barcelona are exciting, fun parks to visit with your loved ones.
PortAventura Park, Tibidabo Amusement Park, Illa Fantasia are great theme parks for children of all age groups. These theme parks in Barcelona have a wide variety of rides that will suit a range of interests.